Student term opportunities
Every year across the country, Imperial Oil hires as many as 150 university students into co-op, summer and internship work terms related to engineering, business, and earth science.
(For students from technical college programs please refer to the section of our website for operations, trades, and technicians).
Applying for student term postings:
- Student term positions are posted on this website in:
- September for work terms starting in January
- September and January for work terms starting in May
- May for work terms starting in September
- Student term positions are at least four months but may be longer.
- Interviews are conducted in October, February, and June.
Imperial Oil’s student work program has two primary goals:
- To provide students with a valuable, productive and rewarding work experience through exposure to the people, projects and processes of Imperial Oil in a way that will build on their current skills and academic program.
- To provide both the student and Imperial Oil with an opportunity to mutually evaluate each other in terms of potential fit relative to graduate employment.
Do you want more details on careers throughout our company? Download a current copy of our brochure for university students and graduates (3.2 MB) in pdf format using Acrobat Reader.
The Acrobat Reader is available free-of-charge from Adobe.